from Jackie
Gracie had a rough weekend. We got here on Friday afternoon and found that her ventilator settings had gone back up to 40, they had been down to 15 earlier in the day. They told us that her blood gas tests have been coming back bad so they had to go up on her ventilation. They also had to stop her feeds which had been up to 19cc per hour. They also had to put her back on the Lasix because of fluid build up. It was really disappointing because just a few hours earlier everything was going so well and in the time it took us to drive here everything had changed. A few hours later she seemed to be on the right track again so we felt good about going back to the Ronald McDonald house for the night.
Saturday Morning I came in to find out that they had thrown out all of my breast milk that I had given to the nurse the day before (everything I had stored up from Wed, Thurs, and Friday) She said that even though I had put my name on it with a Sharpie and had it in the correct box in the freezer, they had to toss it because it didn't have a hospital label. I was devastated (any of you who have ever pumped know why) Then when I finally stopped crying about my spilled milk they told me that Gracie was not having a very good day again and that they suspect she has an infection and Sunday was more of the same.
Today she looks better and is back on her feeds at 19cc per hour. She is still producing too much acid and they think she has pneumonia, they are waiting for lab tests to know for sure. They brought her ventilator settings down to 32. I don't want to speak too soon but it looks like she is heading in the right direction again.
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Prayers are continuing from our family to yours!!! I added Gracie to the big prayer book at church today in the hopes that lots more prayers will bring about great things for her!! Sending you love and hugs across the miles!!
Michele
Post a Comment