Yes I did get to hold Gracie Ann on Tuesday! It was so Awesome! (I will post new photos soon) It took 3 nurses to put her into my arms, it was quite an ordeal but well worth it. She just snuggled right it and went to sleep, I got to hold her for 2 hours.
Because her swelling has gone down so much it caused a lot of leakage from her ventilator tube, so they first tried to adjust the tube. I got to stay and watch and got a quick peak at her face with no tape on it, I even got a photo that I will post. Adjusting the tube didn't work so they ended up having to pull it out and put a new one in with a "cuff" which will allow them to control the leakage.
Her feeds are now up to 9 cc per hour continuous, it was only at 4 cc per hour the other day so she is tolerating it very well. I think they want her to get to 19 cc per hour. She is well on her way :)
We are still waiting to find out what is going to happen with her pacemaker. She is still on the external one which is only meant to be temporary, she needs to have a permanent one placed but her surgeon is worried about opening her chest again because it was open for 15 days and we are worried about an infection, he said he could go in through her left side but he is worried that her left lung will not tolerate it due to being underdeveloped plus putting any foreign body into her right now will increase the risk of infection so we are sort of stuck.
Dave and I came home on Tuesday night and I am staying here for a few days to be with out other kids and to get a break from the hospital. Dave went to work on Wednesday then went to the hospital after work and slept at the Ronald McDonald House, he will come home tonight after work and tomorrow (Friday) we will head back to San Francisco with the kids for the Weekend. We have been making regular calls to the nurses for updates.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, Jax, still channeling lots of love and energy to both of you. so glad to hear she is doing so well!!! Go Gracie!!!!!!
This is Cousin Donny. Just wanted to say that Mom and I have been saying our prayers. Thanks for the updates. Gracie is awesome (and so are you guys). All our love.
Hi, I work with Grandma Carol at Actel. She's kept us up to date - I'm sending prayers and love for Gracie's success and all her family.
Post a Comment