Hi All,
Gracie was extubated on Monday! We were warned that she may not tolerate it very well and that she may have to be re-intubated right away. She seemed to tolerate it fine and was even taken off of the Hiflow and put onto regular O2. I was able to hear her cry, although her voice is very, very soft I could hear it. I was also able to hold her again, I think I held her a total of 3 times yesterday :) When I arrived this morning Gracie was back on the Hiflow (hi pressure oxygen through a cannula) it's a tiny step back but at least she is not being intubated again. As a matter of fact, they have taken all of the ventilator equipment out of her room. Once she proves that she can be off of the ventilator for good the only things keeping us here would be feeding issues and her antibiotics, which are to treat the staff infection and they are through a iv and she needs to be on them for about 3 more weeks. When that is the case she will be moved to Kaiser Walnut Creek. I heard a rumor that this could happen by the end of this week!
I have some photos to post and the hospital's computer guy is looking for the cord so we can upload them from my camera. Hopefully later today.
Love and Hugs to all,
Jackie
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What wonderful news! It just makes me smile. I think about you guys all the time. Each night I check the blog for a new update. I'm very glad I did today. :)
lots of love,
ulrika
It was so awesome to see Grace off the ventilator Monday! She looks so wonderful and it was great to visit with you for a little bit.
Love,
The Schneckloth's
Absolutely exciting news!! I love the pictures and we all continue to pray for milestones like this!! Thanks for the updates!
Tiffany and MOPS :)
Post a Comment