Thursday, March 22, 2007
Thursday 3-22-07
Grace was transferred to the step-down unit on Tuesday afternoon. It took a little while for us to get use to our new environment. Are new nurses are great but after being with the other ones for so long I think Grace and I are both experiencing a bit of separation anxiety. We are in a "bay" with two other patients and we are use to being in our own room so it has been hard getting use to it. The other two kids in there are much older, they both like to watch TV at the same time and they both have to turn up the volume to be able to hear there movie over the other one. I had the worst headache yesterday and Gracie has not been sleeping as well over there either. She will eventually be coming home to her three older siblings so I suppose she should get use to a loud environment with chaos. Another change we are getting use to is that they now want Dave and I to handle most of her care. I had to give her and injection in her leg last night, It didn't go so well and the nurse had to do it over :( I think i cried more than Gracie. She is almost completely off of the oxygen and tolerating her feeds well so if all goes well we should get to come home when she finishes her antibiotics. I have heard this could be April 6, 9, or 12 so we will just have to wait and see. Now it looks like we may skip going to Kaiser and stay here until we go home. I am learning it just depends on who you talk to, so we will just have to wait and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Truhe family,
I am so happy that Grace has moved to the ward. It is definitely a lot of hard work, and quite a shock of transition from 24-hr care to almost everything DIY. One thing that was really important for Guy was for me to be there all the time, and be his pushy advocate. It is a tough job and I am sure you are learning what that means. And please e-mail me if you ever have questions on how to get Grace the best care for your little girl. Afterall, there are now more patients to a nurse, doctor or therapist.
Also, thank you Jackie for sending some prayers this way a couple of weeks ago. Guy came home last Wednesday and is doing incrementally better post-op. I bet the Glenn will be a breeze compared to this.
warmly,
Katherine
Post a Comment