Monday, January 29, 2007

3 weeks old!

(from Jackie)
Gracie Ann is 3 weeks old today :)

When I got here this morning I spoke to her nurse Helen who told me that there was a problem with the pacemaker early this morning (around 5:00 am) and that her heart rate dropped way down for a few seconds but they got it under control. However, they will have to do something with the pacemaker sooner rather than later.

The last drainage tube was removed from her chest this morning as well as her central line. She has also been taken off of the Dopamine (spelling?) and the ventilation has been brought down from 45 to 35. Looks like another good day.

4 comments:

Katherine Huang said...

Hi Jackie,

Just wanted to respond to your last posting and drop in a word of encouragement-- keep pumping!

It might be a while until Grace can actually catch up but it will be totally worth it. There have been many moments in the past months when I was ready to give up-- instead of mothering, I felt like I was always stuck on the pump. But then Guy did the unthinkable and started to breastfeed a couple of weeks ago, I was sooo thankful that my milk supply was still there.

Anyways, sounds like you all are doing well and staying strong. The pacemaker will be another surgery, and it is scary. But considering the big surgeries Baby Grace has gone through already... I think she'll do just fine.

warmly,

Katherine

Anonymous said...

David, Jackie and family -
We want you to know you are all in our prayers. We are happy to hear Gracie is doing much better.

We will stay tuned to this blog and hope things continue to improve.

With all our love to all of you!
Maggie and Van

Morag Rich said...

Dave and Jackie-

Thanks so much to both of you and to Chaundra for keeping us all updated on Grace's progress. I check it daily, always thrilled to see good news. My women's bible study group has all of you in their prayers and ask how you all are doing.

We love you guys and will continue to keep ALL of you in our prayers.

Fondly,

Morag-

Anonymous said...

proposition malen attachment mangalodayam innovatively nicta leon mclean hint catalogin enclosed
lolikneri havaqatsu