(from Jackie)
Gracie is doing very well. in the last 3 days she has had 3 of her drainage tubes removed (out of 4) she came off of the Epi, came off of the lasix drip (she is now on a dose every 6 hours) she is also off of the calcium drip. She has come down on the dopamine and had her tenkhoff taken out (this was the tube from the dialysis) she has come down on the ventilator from 65 to 45 and is off the nitrous and she was given breast milk through a feeding tube yesterday. She has tolerated all of this great!
Yesterday (Friday) Dave took me to my post op appointment in Walnut Creek. (everything is fine) then we made a quick stop in Brentwood to pick up the other kids and bring them back to San Francisco for the night. They got to see Gracie again and noticed how much better she looks. They made Valentines for Gracie and hung them on the walls in her room. It was so awesome having them here. My mom came to pick them up today, they will be spending the night with her tonight and she will take them back to Chaundra tomorrow. I am already looking forward to seeing them next weekend.
Thank you everyone for all of your support, I honestly don't know how we would have gotten this far without you. We truly love you all.
I will post more photos as soon as I can.
Blessings,
Jackie
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dear Jackie & Dave,
This is wonderful news. Jackie, you don't know me, but my husband & I are members of the same Marriage Encounter circle as your mom & Scott, and Dave has threatened to steal my Chrysler on at least 1 occasion. =) We've been praying for all of you since before Gracies birth & will continue to do so.
Dave and Jackie-
There are so many prayers coming from Los Altos. I'm so grateful for my time visiting Grace and spending some time with you last week. She is gorgeous and draws much strength from your loving presence.
Dave and Jackie,
I only just picked up your original email and have just finished reading the blog! Grace obviously gets her strength from her mum and dad! I wish I could be there for hugs and support but we will be thinking about you over here in England. Hopefully soon the most you have to worry about is settling Grace down to sleep as I have just done with a fussy teething Aidan :-) My prayers are with you all!
Dear Jackie and Dave,
This is all such wonderful news! I have been thinking and praying for you all lots these last few weeks. Gracie sounds like quite an amazing little girl! I hope we get to meet her someday soon! She has two pretty amazing parents and a very loving family. All our love and best wishes that the good news continues!
Love,
Sherie and Bill, Alex and Willy
Jackie and Dave,
We are so happy to hear that gracie is doing well. You all have been in our thought s and prayers evereyday. Your and Gracie's strength is inspiring and we cannot wait to meet her in person. We love you.
Eric, Leigh, and blythe Truhe
Post a Comment